The countdown to the 2016/17 ski and snowboard season has started. With the date set for Friday, November 11, snow enthusiasts around the world have started daydreaming about the possibilities of powder turns during one of the 164 days of the upcoming season.
- New Restaurant, Big Views! Breckenridge Ski Resort will add a brand new, 490-seat restaurant just steps from the Independence SuperChair on Peak 7, one of the resort’s five iconic peaks. The new restaurant will offer a variety of house made options like salads to order and a Mediterranean station, all coupled with dramatic views of beautiful Summit County, Colorado. The restaurant is set to open December 2016 and will highlight the mining history of Breckenridge’s past, as well as cater to skiers who like to play and stay on the terrain of the resort’s north side, including Peak 6.
- The Classic Peak 9 Village Base Area Gets a Facelift Many of the millions of visitors who have skied Breckenridge since the 1970s have entered the resort through the Village base area on Peak 9. Perfectly situated near the south end of Main Street, adjacent to the Village Hotel and the QuickSilver SuperChair, the plaza area will see a new snowmelt system and brick pavers replacing the dated cement surface, making for a more inviting and smoother transition to the snow. The new space will also accommodate signature Breck events throughout the year.
- Lighting of Breckenridge, Race of the Santas kicks off Holiday Season in Breckenridge The Town of Breckenridge “officially” transforms into a holiday scene on Dec. 3 with the Lighting of Breckenridge and Race of the Santas, where runners and walkers don Santa suits and run the length of Main Street to raise funds for a local non-profit. The Handmade Holiday Market in the Breckenridge Arts District offers locally-made artisan gifts as holiday cheer continues all month with Santa visits and a New Year’s Eve celebration.
- Ullr Fest Rocks Breckenridge Jan. 11-14, 2017 For more than 50 years, the Breckenridge community has paid tribute to Ullr (rhymes with cooler), the Norse god of snow. Grab a Viking helmet and join the town-wide snow dance which includes the iconic Main Street parade, Ullr Ice Plunge, (unofficial) world’s longest shot ski and more.
- Spring Fever The biggest spring skiing party in the Rocky Mountains is back in April 2017. Breckenridge’s elevation – 9,600 feet in town – makes the snow last longer and the bluebird spring days even sweeter. To celebrate, Spring Fever brings a month-long lineup of activities for families, beer drinkers, music lovers, mountaineers and more.