For the last 55 years, the town of Breckenridge has gathered together to celebrate Ullr — the Norse god of snow.
This year, the 56th annual Ullr Fest will take place from Jan. 9 through Jan. 12 in Breckenridge.
Events At Ullr FestGet your viking hats ready for this three-day event, and be sure to check out the activities that’ll take place in downtown Breckenridge throughout the weekend.
- Ullr King and Queen Crowning — watch as two townspeople get crowned as the honorary Ullr King and Ullr Queen. Then, see amateur acts perform during Breck’s Got Talent. As a bonus incentive, the first 200 guests receive a free beer. This event takes place Wednesday 6:30 p.m.
- The Ullr Fest Parade and Bonfire — stake a spot on Main Street to watch Viking-laden floats pass by. After the parade, there’s the iconic Ullr Bonfire that takes place in the South Gondola Parking Lot. The parade and bonfire begin Thursday at 4 p.m.
- Ullr Ice Plunge — think you have what it takes to submerge your body in frigid pond water? At 2 p.m. on Friday, you can participate in the Maggie Pond plunge to see.
- National Cocktail Throwdown Finale — Hosted by Breckenridge Distillery, this event brings in the nation’s best bartenders to make their iteration of Bourbon Punch. Make sure to buy tickets for this buzzing Friday night event.
- Ullr Bike Race — Hop on your bike or watch racers pedal throughout town during the day on Saturday. The event starts at 3 p.m. at the Gold Run Nordic Center.
- Wild and Scenic Film Festival — This family-friendly event is the culminating event of Ullr Fest, and it gives you a chance to watch incredible short films. The festival takes place at the Riverwalk Center on Saturday at 7 p.m.